1. Must I provide separate notice to the tenants when doing renovations to common areas?
2. Can notices for multi-family housing common area be delivered to the mailboxes of dwelling units?
3. Do we need to comply with the pre-renovation education requirements for doing renovation in school?
4. Does a renovator need to attempt personal delivery before utilizing the “self-certification option?
5. How can a firm comply with the pre-renovation education requirements if the owner desires that the renovation begin immediately?
6. How to comply with the pre-renovation requirements when working in area occupied by blind people?
7. If a firm completely blocks access to a common area for the duration of a renovation, does the renovator still have to provide notifications to all tenants?
8. If a renovation is to be performed on a private balcony of a single unit in a multi-unit target housing building, does that activity trigger the common area notification requirements?
9. If I am sending pamphlet via mail, does the tenant’s name need to be addressed on the mailing?
10. Is an electronic version of the information pamphlet sent to the customer via e-mail acceptable?
11. Is delivery of pamphlet to the property manager sufficient for purposes of delivery to the owner?
12. Is the work of replacing windows in a condominium considered work in a common area?
13. May I use the pamphlet “Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home” to meet my obligations?
14. Must notifications for common area renovations always be provided to every unit in a multifamily housing complex?
15. Should a firm provide pre-renovation education to all tenants before performing renovation?
16. Should I comply with pre-renovation education requirements for minor repair and maintainance?
17. What are the pre-renovation education requirements for a vacant apartment?
18. What does EPA consider an “adult” for these pre-renovation education purposes?
19. What is the difference between a certificate of mailing and certified mail?
20. What pre-renovation education requirements would apply for a mix of studio apartments?
21. When renovating a common area in an apartment building, must my firm provide pre-renovation education to all tenants?
22. Who are the “owners” in a typical co-operative apartment building ?
23. Who will provide the pre-renovation education when multiple contractors are involved in renovation?